Saturday, August 3, 2013

Just Married (2007)

The honeymoon of an arranged marriage couple. Very awkward. (Unfortunately I didn't take any screen shots of this. Sorry.)

Abhay (Fardeen Khan) is the groom -- a playful, kind man. Abhay is written to be very likable, I think, but something about the way Fardeen Khan played him was off-putting to me -- I didn't like him much. Ritika (Esha Deol) is the bride -- an accomplished, educated woman, but one still very uncomfortable around men, her new husband included. Being somewhat socially backward myself, I related probably too well to Ritika's freezing up at physical contact.

The two of them are sent off to honeymoon in Tamil Nadu at a resort, and they become friends with the other couples honeymooning at the same hotel. Everybody has a story, and all of them combine to give a portrait of love and marriage.

And awkwardness.

I watched this with my Mom and Dad, and I think they liked it fairly well. As far as I was concerned, though, what wasn't awkward was pretty forgettable. Still, it looked like a fairly accurate portrayal of the way an arranged marriage might start, so if that interests you, don't let me get in your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment