Friday, May 24, 2013

Action Replayy (2010)

I enjoyed the music in Action Replayy (although none of it seems very 70s inspired), I liked the newcomer Aditya Roy Kapoor, one or two of the lines, and um, that's about it.

It's not that I always insist on intelligent plots; it could have been a blast to return to the 1970s (a GREAT era of nonsense Bollywood fun), but if the plot is dumb, something needs to be engaging. And in this case, there's something mildly painful about, well, everything. If this picture doesn't look super awkward to you, this movie might be just your thing.


Before you make your decision, though, let me add a few more pictures of Akshay's wig.


I don't think this really does justice to it. By the way, all of the above pictures are from one song. I think the song is pretty, but in order to enjoy it Mom and I pretended that they were actually an older couple escaping from their five kids for a day out. Mom later changed the number to ten kids, which was better.

The plot starts out with Bunty (Aditya Roy Kapoor) refusing to marry his girlfriend because his parents' bad marriage makes him believe that marriage doesn't work. His girlfriend's grandpa (Randhir Kapoor) is an inventor of a time machine, and after a particularly bad night of fights, Bunty hyjacks the machine in the hope that he can get his parents, who never did love each other, to fall in love.

Here's Randhir Kapoor posing in front of his time machine:


And Bunty's parents (Akshay Kumar and Aishwarya Rai) looking much more age appropriate.


You can make people look older than they are, but it's not easy to make people look younger. Aish looks very beautiful in this movie


but she looks her age.


Well, the story moves along with about as little speed and as much awkwardness as possible. Until we end up with this:


Oh, for those of you who are still considering watching this, I think I should also add a picture of Akshay's fake overbite which he has for much of the movie.


Enjoy!

 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot. Now I'm going to have nightmares of hideous wigs and gross overbites and Akshay in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I communicated a little of how traumatizing this was. Why should I be the only one with nightmares?

    ReplyDelete